Homemade Pasta Recipes by Leite's Culinaria
I will admit that Gray and I are total nerds, and what is fun to us is "exhaustive" to others :cough: Charlotte :cough:.
Enter our personal challenge.
I wish I had some profound realization, or touching story. I don't. We just love making our own stuff. So let me lay out our plan for you.
- For 30 days all of our meals and snacks (it is always 30 days) will be homemade from scratch.
- So, this means, if we are having beans, no canned beans. If we are having pasta, no store bought dried pasta. Sandwiches? We are making our own bread. No boxed broth or canned soup, okay, okay - you get it.
- Because of Wes, and because well, I don't know how to make it work, we will be buying dairy, eggs, meat and flour.
- We are not de-toxing here folks. The plan is to keep eating the same foods we do now. We are not dieting, nor are we going Paleo. We are just wanting to make more of our own foods from scratch, but love us some goldfish crackers.
- This is a big one for us - no eating out. Plain and simple....except maybe one cheat day. MAYBE. Gray says yes. I say no. It would be for my birthday. I will be at a conference over my birthday anyways, so I think it will be an easy thing to pass on.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe by The Motherload
That is that! The concept is pretty dang easy. The downside? No beer - we don't have any brewing, no wine and I will really, really, really, miss In-N-Out grilled cheese sandwiches with grilled onions and chopped chilies. Oh, and did I mention I have this huge thing for soda? That is easily fixed though - because we can make our own. HELL YES.
The good news? I think it will be really interesting. While we both work, Gray can, and most importantly will be in the kitchen and I have mornings to do prep work. I really don't expect there to be a huge change from how we eat now, except it will require us to be a bit less lazy (putting beans in the crock pot in the A.M. instead of popping open a can), but, we will see!
Ginger Salad Dressing Recipe by Life's Ambrosia
What we don't know what to do about though is family functions. Do we stick to our guns and eat ahead of time, or do we say to heck with it?
We also need a start date. Monday? Maybe?
Oh! Also, this means I will be teaching Charlotte how to make chicken soup from scratch, and she will teach me how to parallel park....maybe. The thought makes me nervous.